Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Inspiration Has Struck

Hi. I'm Jason and this is my first blog.

I'm just a regular guy, who happens to enjoy riding my bike all over. I ride my bike to work, to get groceries, out to dinner, to social events or just for fun, exploring my city. You get the idea. I don't own a car, haven't for about a year now, which means that I really don't have much choice but to travel by bicycle. I think I'm doing OK.

Not only do I ride a bike everywhere, I've also become active in local bicycle advocacy in an effort to help make the cyclist's life a bit easier where I live. Additionally, I do some light wrenching for a bike shop on town, which started simply as a selfish effort to gain more knowledge about my new method of transportation. I see my bike first as transportation, so that's mainly how I'll approach my writing in this blog.

In case you couldn't tell already, I am by no means a professional writer. I may end up with run-on sentences, mis-spellings and poor grammar at times; do bear with me. Of potential importance as well: for the immediacy, I'll likely be composing the majority of posts from my phone.

As the title of this introductory post may suggest, I've been inspired to this project by a small though influential group of current bicycle-related blogs, namely SharrowsDC, Let's Go Ride a Bike, What I Saw Riding My Bike Around Today, Bikeyface and many others. I expect some subject-matter and general writing style will rub off on my attempt.

I don't know yet exactly which direction my writing will take, I can just be sure that it will primarily be concerned with bike stuff, perhaps the occasional life commentary or general observation, though as a full-time cyclist, most of my opinions and experiences revolve around the bicycle.

I hope you enjoy what you see here enough to want to come back for more. Heck, I hope I like it enough to come back!

See you out there.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete